Music festival season is in full swing, and female festival-goers everywhere are putting together their most fashionable ensembles in order to make a statement at the hottest music festivals around the world. So, why not pair those outfits with a fun, colorful mani fit for the occasion?
I teamed up with Superdry Canada to create a tutorial for a festival nail art design that I felt fully encompassed the atmosphere of music festivals everywhere. My first thought? Distressed jean shorts and neon colors.
This look is simple to create-- all you need is a dry acrylic paint brush, a base color and three to four neon colors. For my base coat, I used Barracuda from Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure line to resemble the tone of white-washed jean shorts. The neon colors I chose were:
- Hazard from Sinful Colors;
- Simply Sizzling from Rimmel London's Salon Pro line;
- Mojito from Ciate.
- Apply two coats of the base coat;
- Using the dry acrylic paint brush, apply swift strokes of the first neon color to each nail, swiping the paint brush on a dry paper towel in between applications in order to maintain dryness;
- Repeat above technique for steps 3 and 4;
- Seal in the design with a single coat of top coat.
I used one coat of INM Out The Door top coat to seal in my mani, giving it a long-lasting shine and a one-week wear.
Superdry combined my design idea with the designs of three other fabulous beauty/fashion bloggers into this illustrated infographic. Feeling inspired? Show off your version of this mani by tagging your Instagram/Twitter photos with @thisjenngirl or #thisjenngirl!