If one of your New Year's resolutions is to discover great food in 2018, then please know that I'm here to help you out - the heart of This Jenn Girl lies in sharing all of the places I love to eat in the Tampa Bay area, whether it's an up-and-comer, a hidden gem or an oldie-but-goodie.
One of the new spots I recently got a chance to try that must be added to your food bucket list this year is Platt Street Borough - located on the corner of Platt and Fremont, it's South Tampa's latest and greatest addition to the food scene. Because this post is image-heavy, I'll let the pictures do the talking, then list my must-order picks below!
My must-order picks:
- Grilled St. Louis Pork Ribs: These ribs are so savory and tender, they left me wanting to gnaw on the bone!
- Truffle Nachos: The truffle nachos are amazing because they're so unique - who would have ever thought to top tortilla chips with mushroom slices and truffle-infused cheese?!
- Poutine: When they say short rib gravy, they literally mean chunks of short rib doused in flavorful gravy atop french fries and paired with cheese curds. OM NOM NOM.
- Romaine Salad: I can't believe I'm so obsessed with a salad. The prosciutto and creamy basil dressing make this dish - I can't get enough!
- Ricotta Gnudi: Oh, my gnudi - these fluffy ricotta pillows are paired with a delicious buttery sauce and slices of butternut squash and are absolutely delightful.
- Warm Cookies: What's better than a trio of freshly baked cookies paired with a carafe of milk?
Platt Street Borough is located at 1809 West Platt Street in South Tampa. The restaurant is closed on Mondays and open Tuesday and Wednesday from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m., Thursday from 4 p.m. to 11 p.m., Friday from 4 p.m. to 12 a.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 12 a.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. For the latest updates from Platt Street Borough, follow along on Facebook and Instagram.
*Disclosure: The meal featured in this post was provided by Platt Street Borough for editorial consideration. This post was written on my own accord, and opinions expressed here are my own and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Platt Street Borough.