Local Bites: Local Legendary Burger at the Hard Rock Cafe in Tampa
Personally, I've yet to find an extremely good, artisan burger in Tampa. If I find myself having a serious craving for one, I either have to settle for a plain-ish burger at a chain spot that's nearby, or I have to drive all the way to the St. Pete side.
The Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Tampa invited me to come to the Hard Rock Cafe to try their new Local Legendary Burger - The Ol' Bay Burger. A Local Legendary Burger is a burger that each Hard Rock Cafe around the world creates to reflect its local culture - a month-long contest was held throughout Seminole Hard Rock Tampa's Food and Beverage Department and the winning burger, The Ol' Bay Burger, was chosen.
The Ol' Bay Burger was created by Chef Doug, who wanted to incorporate a crab cake, a popular treat in the Tampa Bay Area, into his creation. The burger features:
- A crab cake made with jumbo lump crab meat
- Jack cheese
- House made 8 oz. burger seasoned with Old Bay
- Freshly sliced tomatoes
- Shredded lettuce
- House made 'Davy Jones' sauce
I found out three things during this visit:
- The Ol' Bay Burger is really delicious. It is full of flavor, between the juicy burger, crab cake rich in crab meat and the special 'Davy Jones' sauce.
- The Hard Rock Cafe has really good steak fries! I had zero expectations for the fries going in, but they were perfectly hot and crispy and were delicious when dipped into the 'Davy Jones' sauce.
- They also have really awesome pickles that are preserved in vinegar for just one day - they're crunchy and have just the right amount of sour in them, and pair perfectly with the burger.
If you've never thought of going to the Seminole Hard Rock in Tampa solely for the food, you're missing out. This is just one of many delicious food finds that are hiding away in the midst of slot machines - if you're looking for a new burger to try, I highly recommend you give this one a try!
The Hard Rock Cafe is located at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Tampa. The restaurant is open daily from 11:30 a.m. to midnight, and you can view the menu here.
*Disclosure: The meal featured in this post was provided by Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino for feature and for an honest review. Opinions expressed here are my own and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino or the Hard Rock Cafe.