Local Bites: Daily Eats
Last week, I was invited to dine at Daily Eats in South Tampa to get a taste of the breakfast, lunch and dinner dishes that make Daily Eats unique. I invited my blogger bestie, Jen, from MrsJenFrick.com to join me on this foodie adventure - you can view her thoughts on our tasting here.
I was really excited to find out that Daily Eats serves Ginger Beard Coffee nitro cold brews! I know the Pour House at Grand Central Channelside serves Ginger Beard, but it's a bit further of a drive than I would like to make for coffee, so it's fantastic to discover I can now drive down the street for my daily jolt of caffeine. Both Jen and I opted for the Peanut Butter Cacao nitro brew - it was aromatic and delicious, with a great peanut butter cup finish.
We were able to taste a wide range of menu items across Daily Eats' breakfast, lunch and dinner sections. As usual, I'll let the images do the talking:
My must-order picks:
- Gluten-Free Banana Walnut Pancake: I'm honestly still surprised I liked this so much! Even if you're not on a gluten-free diet, I don't think you'd be able to tell the difference with this pancake - it was moist, fluffy and full of delicious, banana-walnut flavor.
- Benny the Green: This was hands down my most favorite item from our tasting - I've been disappointed many times by eggs benedict dishes, so much so, that I stopped ordering them completely. The Benny the Green is fantastic - the poached egg is perfectly runny, and the house guacamole the perfect amount of flavor to spruce up the multigrain toast underneath.
- Sweet Potato Fries: I'm a regular fries kind of gal, but these sweet potato fries really did me in! The fries are tossed in a sweet and salty spice mix and topped with a honey drizzle - so, so, so good.
- Tuscan Shredder Bowl: This particular shredder bowl had quinoa, spinach, shredded chicken breast, roasted eggplant, broccoli, diced tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. It was such a robust and flavorful dish, and for anyone on a low-carb diet like pH, I think this would be a great dish for you as long as you omit the quinoa.
- Tater Hater: It's really difficult for me to dislike tater tots, bacon, scallions and jalapenos. Add them all together and I'm in heaven.
- Hand Spun Stay Puff'd Milkshake: I loved the texture of this milkshake and really enjoyed the flavor profile - it tasted exactly like eating s'mores around a bonfire.
After this experience and tasting the lineup of dishes, I can certainly see why Daily Eats is always so packed, and why they chose to open a second location in Sarasota! I had such an enjoyable experience that I took pH there that same weekend for breakfast - he loved it, too.
Daily Eats Tampa is located at 901 South Howard Avenue in Tampa, and Daily Eats Sarasota is located at 8491 Cooper Creek Boulevard #107 in Bradenton. Both locations are open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays from 8 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. You can view the menu here. For additional updates from Daily Eats, follow along on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.